WM Dental is looking forward to opening for Covid Alert Level 1. Welcome back.
At Your Dental Appointment :
At your next appointment you may notice some changes. These extra precautions are to keep you safe as well as our team.
• Questions related to Covid-19. “Have you been in contact with anyone who has Covid-19? Have you any symptoms?” We will ask you these questions before you come in, and again when you are in our office.
• Hand sanitizer will be available as soon as you enter our office. There will also be some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
• Your temperature will be taken to check for fever. An antibacterial mouth rinse will be used before looking into your mouth.
• You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth; since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
• Appointments will be arranged to maintain social distancing between patients as much as practicable. This will aim to reduce the number of people in the practice at the same time.
May 13th 2020.
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and to your safety.
Keeping all our patients, and our team, safe is always a top priority for our practice. This means making sure our premises, instruments, and treatment rooms are all clean and sterile. You may already have seen this during your visits to our office. Our cleaning and sterilising procedures make sure that when you receive care, it is safe, clean and comfortable.
At WM Dental we always follow all the cleaning and sterilising recommendations made by the Ministry of Health (MOH) and the Dental Council of New Zealand (DCNZ). During this difficult time, we have constantly updated our processes to reflect the changing nature of Covid-19. The majority of these updates will be behind the scenes in our sterilising room. Please rest assured that at present, our cleaning and sterilising procedures are current and up to date.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
To make an appointment, please call our office at 09 478 5233 or visit our website at www.wmdental.co.nz.
If you were due to have an appointment during Level 3 or 4, we will be in contact soon.
Thank you for being our patient. We truly do value your trust and loyalty. We definitely look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbours and friends.
Sincerely, The Team at WM Dental – Greg, Domonique, Jane, Kathleen, Karli, Rachelle, Soon, Denise, Helen and Carolyn.
27th April 2020 – Covid Alert Level 3
It has been announced that on Monday 27th April 2020 at 11:59 pm the country will move from Alert Level 4 to Alert Level 3.
So what does this mean for our dental patients and our dental practice? At Alert Level 3, WM Dental can provide urgent and emergency dental services only.
Again, if you have a scheduled appointment during alert level 3, we will be in contact to reschedule you as soon as we can.
What is “urgent” and “emergency” care?
- Patients with dental swelling, infection, fever
- Severe tooth ache which patients cannot manage with painkillers and/or antibiotics
- Patients who have broken a tooth or teeth
- Patients who have had a bad knock, accident or incident of trauma to their jaws
- Adjustment or repair of dental appliances (eg denture) where a patient’s health is significantly affected (eg patient is unable to eat)
At Your Emergency Dental Treatment Appointment :
Firstly, we will have a detailed phone call with you. This is to run through what is troubling you. Plus, questions more specifically related to Covid 19.
As you arrive, you may notice some changes in our reception area. We will have hand sanitiser as you arrive, take your temperature, and have a pre treatment mouth rinse. Our team will also be taking many extra precautions behind the scenes.
Please note, during this time, there are limited treatments we are able to provide. E.g. temporary fillings and getting patients out of immediate trouble only.
A Message to Our Community – March 2020
We hope that everyone in our community is staying safe and calm during this time. We wanted to drop you a quick note to assure you that we are carefully monitoring the evolving information and advice released by public health officials and government authorities regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.
We understand that you may have some questions and concerns in regards to COVID-19, so hopefully this message will settle most of those! While we have always had strict hygiene practices and cleaning standards in place, as a precaution, we have introduced a number of additional measures to reduce the risk and support a safe environment.
What are we doing at WM Dental to ensure the health and safety of our patients and community.
- We are asking patients with fever and respiratory symptoms, who have travelled overseas, or patients that may have been in contact with Covid-19, to call Healthline on 0800 358 5453 and not come to the Dental Practice.
- As a team, we are having regular meetings to review and reinforce our procedures in an effort to minimise risk at our practice.
- Our email and text confirmations as some of you are aware, now have screening questions to check for at risk patients. We are asking to reschedule appointments if showing symptoms or have travelled overseas.
- We are asking all patients to use hand sanitiser on arrival and departure.
- We are also taking temperatures for all staff at the beginning of the day and patients as they come in for treatment.
- We have removed magazines and toys from our waiting and consult rooms to allow surfaces to be cleaned more easily. Please bring a book to read or a toy for your child to play with whilst you are waiting.
- We encourage people to get their flu vaccine.
We will be providing information to the community via the media and our website